What is lower back pain?
Low back pain generally refers to pain in the lower part of the spine either on left side or right side. This type of pain usually occurs in adults.
There are many factors that cause back pain, some of which are mentioned below.
General causes for lower back pain
1. Muscle Strains – Strains usually occur when muscles are tired or weakened.
2. Ligament sprain- Lumbar spine ligament attach to the vertebral vertebrae provide immobility to the lower back. They can be affected by sudden movements, prolonged injuries or stress.
3. Bad Posture – The wrong attitude in front of the TV or workplace causes weakness and joint pressure and highlights the spine that protects the vertebrae. If you sleep on the wrong mattress, it can cause lower back pain.
4. Age – Many jobs can cause degenerative changes in the spine and degeneration of the spinal joints.
5. Other causes of back pain include bladder or kidney infections, endometriosis, cancer or ovarian problems.
Symptoms of lower back pain are of different type which are described below:
- Lower back pain is slow or painful.
- You may experience sudden pain that moves from your lower back to your thighs and consists of sciatica.
- Cramps and muscle tension occur in the lower back, in the pelvis, and in the thighs.
- The pain gets worse after sitting or standing for a long time.
- The pain is felt when you stand up straight, run or sit directly from sitting to sitting.
Exercises for lower back pain treatment
You should do these simple exercises regularly in order to get relief from lower back pain. Try breathing during exercise. You should do this exercise two to three times in a day. These exercises will certainly help reduce lower back pain.
1. Hamstring- Pull your thighs on the floor and pull about ninety degrees closer to the chest. Lift your knee unless you feel your thighs on your thighs. Hold for 1 minute. Repeat this with the other leg.
2. Single knee to the chest – Pull your knees to your chest if you don’t feel a thigh stretch, then relax. Stay in 15 seconds. Repeat the exercise with the other leg. Repeat the exercise few times for each leg.
.3 Pelvic tilt- Lie on your back by stretching your stomach and chair. Hold for 10 seconds, then relax. Repeat this 10 times.
4. Cat stretch- In this case, you should hold your palms under your shoulders and knees under your thighs. Lay your head down while holding your hips and lift the center back.
5. Camel Stretching – Try to form backward position by forming a curve and lifting the back. Hold for a while and then slowly move back to the hanging position. Repeat 10 to 15 times.
6. Hip flexor – If you lie on your back, one knee is pulled to the chest to hold the level. Let your hamstrings fall on the pillow surface. Stay in 30 seconds. Repeat twice for each leg.
7. Supporting elbow – Rest on the strong surface on your abdomen, supporting the elbow. Keep your pelvis, hips and legs in a relaxed position. Hold for 30 seconds. Repeat this 3 to 5 times.
8. Lumbar rotation – Move the knee slowly in a slight backward motion. Repeat this process 10 to 15 times.
In the end, i would like to say that following above treatment can definitely reduce Lower Back Pain. Have a try and give your reviews in comments!