Table of Contents
Google Chrome is probably the most popular browser in the world in terms of market share. This means that different people, who speak different languages, use the browser. If you are not satisfied with the default language in Google Chrome and want to change it, you can change it on all platforms quite easily. These steps explain how to change the language in Google Chrome for Android, Windows, iOS and Mac.
In some cases, you can change the language within the browser, while in others you need to change the language of the default operating system to do the job .
How to change the language in Google Chrome for Android
The best way to change the language in Google Chrome for Android is by configuring the Android system. If you change your smartphone’s language, Chrome will show all user interface elements in that language.
- open Settings on your Android phone.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon at the top to search. Type of language
- Select languages from the results list.
- Tap Languages.
- Now tap Add a language and then select your preferred language. Steps 3 to 5 may differ slightly depending on the version or appearance of Android your smartphone is running.
- Use the icon of three horizontal bars on the right to drag your favorite language to the top. This will change the default language of the smartphone.
- Now language will be the one you just selected.
How to change the language in Google Chrome for Windows
Here’s how to quickly change the language in Google Chrome for Windows.
- Open Google Chrome
- Paste this into the Chrome address bar: // settings /? Search = language and press Enter. You can also access this page by clicking on the three vertical points icon in Google Chrome (top right)> Settings. In the search bar at the top of this page, type Language to find this option.
- Now click on Add Language.
- Select the desired language by checking the box next to it. Then click Add.
- To set it as the default language, click the three-point vertical icon next to the language and click Show Google Chrome in this language.
- Now click on Relay that appears next to the language you selected. This will restart Chrome and change it to your preferred language.
Must check: 10 Best Google Chrome Extension One Must Have
How to change the language in Google Chrome for Mac
Google Chrome for Mac won’t let you change the language. You will need to change the default system language on your Mac to change the language in Google Chrome. Follow these steps.
- Open system preferences and go to Language and Region.
- Click the + button below the left panel and add the language you prefer. A message will appear asking if you want to use this as the default language, accept it.
- Now open Google Chrome and you’ll see that the user interface has changed in the language you’ve chosen.
- In Google Chrome for Mac you can also quickly translate all websites into this language. Paste this into the Chrome address bar: // settings /? Search = language and press Enter.
- Add your preferred language, click the three vertical points icon next to the language and check the box next to Offer to translate Web pages in this language. This will allow you to use Google Translate quickly to change the language of any web page of your choice.
How to change the language in Google Chrome for iPhone and iPad
You can’t change the Google Chrome language on iOS without changing the default system language. Follow these steps to do it.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings> General> Language and Region.
- Click on Add language and select your language.
- Then click Edit in the upper right corner.
- Now move your favorite language up by dragging it upwards.
- it will change the default language on your iPhone or iPad. Just start Google Chrome and you’ll see that the language has changed.