Table of Contents
- Best 11 IaaS providers for managing web and mobile apps
Infrastructure as a Service or IaaS is a Cloud Computing model which provides outsourced computing infrastructures to users and organizations. It can provide users resources that include servers, network connections, storage and features like content delivery networks and load balancing.
IaaS providers maintains the equipment while users rent or buy the specific services they need. It is usually pay as you go which offers a lot of flexibility and ease in growth.
Best 11 IaaS providers for managing web and mobile apps
#1 Amazon AWS
Amazon Web Services or AWS is one of the popular for cloud computing and huge data storage. It provides cloud computing platforms to various companies, individuals and government organisations on pay as you go basis. Its Popular services includes Amazon Elastic compute which allows users to have virtual computers all the time through Internet.
- Works on big data, web app and high-performance computing
- Rich Controls and scalable
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Hybrid IT Architectures
- Service Pricing depends on the service you choose check pricing here
- It is Free tier click here to see details
#2 Google Compute Engine
Google Compute Engine is a scalable, high-performance virtual machine that can allow you to run large-scale workloads and is environmentally friendly global network.
- Scalable and high performance
- Google infrastructure back up
- Low costs and discounts
- Fast and efficient networking
- Provisioned storage is $0.04/GB/month
- Snapshot storage is $0.125/GB/month
- Instances range from $0.019/hour to $1.659/hour
- For full service and price list check here
#3 Microsoft Azure
Azure is Microsoft’s public cloud which provides a structure from which users can build, deploy and manage applications. Users can create web apps, websites, in php, asp.net, python or Node.js and choose from other open source applications to deploy. It also provides mobile services which collects real time analytics and push notifications to mobile devices.
- Ease of use
- Administrative tool
- Can be used Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Can be used on all operating systems
- App services start with a free tier
- Azure provides Virtual machines on the Internet which start from $ 13 per month
- SQL database starts from $ 5 per month
#4 IBM Smart Cloud Enterprise
IBM Smart Cloud is a high-performance cloud that offers core compute and storage services. This cloud computing services are offered by IBM. The IBM Smart Cloud is based on Hadoop Infosphere big insights for big data, Nirvanix for cloud storage, green hat for software testing etc.
- Great software and security for enterprise cloud administrators
- Good Support and management
- Provides essential tools for social business
- Provides enterprise grade file sharing, instant messaging, user profiles and web meetings
Check the pricing here
#5 HP Enterprise Converged Infrastructure
HPE Converged System is a cloud built on OpenStack, and its IaaS service is part of Converged Cloud Solutions for public, private and hybrid clouds.
- Smaller, faster and hyper converged
- Pre-packaged power and flexibility
- Lower cost of ownership
- Block storage from $0.10/GB/month
- Instances range from $0.03/hour to $3.40/hour
- For more info on product and services click here
#6 Cisco Cloud infrastructure Solutions
It provides public clouds to on premises which brings together security, networking, analytics and management to help you connect, protect and consume the cloud computing services on the Internet all the time. It also offers advanced technology services, strategic partnerships to individuals, companies and government organisations.
- Secures users, data, and apps in the cloud
- Enable on-demand, self-service provisioning environment
- Public and private cloud
- Hybrid IT Architecture
Contact for cost information here
# 7 Verizon Cloud
Verizon Enterprise Solutions offers a number of different products and services, including networks, cloud computing and data centres, connected devices, and security.
- Security services recognition
- Data breach incident response
- Virtual Network Services
- Security monitoring and operations
Contact for cost information here
#8 Digital Ocean
Digital Ocean is a cloud computing provider designed for users and developers. It provides the enterprise level Cloud services that will help users to deploy and Scale their web applications and mobile applications which runs simultaneously on multiple computers.
- Simple API
- High Storage available
- Fast network and can deploy in Seconds
- SSD performance
- Pre-built open source apps
- Deploy a Load Balancer for $20 per month
- SSD Block Storage pricing (calculate here)
OpenStack is open-source and free software platform for cloud computing which is deployed as IaaS through which customers can use virtual servers and other resources from data centres that can be managed by a web based dashboard or Restful Web services.
- Multi-dimensional scalability
- Unlimited storage
- Easily add capacity
- Direct object Access
- Leverages commodity hardware
Contact for cost information (or visit the marketplace)
ProfitBricks provides IaaS for enterprises and individuals for virtual data centres and cloud computing. It also offers storage, servers, networking and channel-focused cloud infrastructure APIs, SDKs, and development tools.
- Visual Cloud management
- 24/7 Expert support
- Performance guarantee and easy to use
- Web Portal – 2 Web-Frontend Servers 1 DB-Backend Server 4 Cores, 16GB RAM, 60GB Storage Expected traffic: 50GB Includes Load Balancer (no additional charge) MSRP for 30 Days: $ 159.45
- Terminal-Server – 1 Terminal-Server 4 Cores, 16GB RAM, 1,000GB Storage, includes 100GB MSRP for 30 Days: $ 253.19 for Microsoft OS-License Expected traffic
- Powerhouse – 1 Number-Cruncher/ Accounting Server 32 Cores, 128GB RAM, 200GB Storage Expected traffic: 150GB MSRP for 30 Days: $ 1233.96
- Replacement Dedicated Server – 1 Web-Server, 1 Core, 2GB RAM, 10GB Storage Expected traffic: 4GB MSRP for 30 Days: $ 28.46
CloudForge provides individual and enterprise level IaaS Cloud Computing and offers Agile software tools and services which can be designed to develop, code, connect and deploy.
- Deploy code to public and private clouds
- Version control systems
- Git hosting
- Standard (Free 30-day trial) – For small teams and non-critical projects $2/user/month (packs of 5)
- PROFESSIONAL – For small business and enterprise work groups $10/user/month (packs of 5)