Are you facing the problem of split ends? This problem occurs because of lack of moisture, care and vitamin E. The most common and effective to solve this problem is to cut split ends off. But if you are trying growing the hair, this way is not good. Or you can easily find many products on the market that can help you get rid of split ends. But these products may damage your hair because they consist of some harmful chemicals. Instead of using those ways, you can try using natural home remedies for your problem. They are natural, safe and inexpensive as well. All the ingredients of these remedies are available in your kitchen. Try these now and notice their magical effects on treating ends.
1. Egg Yolk
As you know, the hair is mostly made up with protein and eggs are a powerful source of protein. The protein helps in strengthening the hair follicles and prevents strands of hair from breaking. In addition, they also contain vitamin A that helps with hair loss. Plus, eggs work as a moisturizer and conditioner for dry hair. Eggs also make dull hair shine. Thus, using egg yolk can treat split ends effectively and also makes the hair smooth and shiny as well. Here’s the recipe to use egg yolk for split ends treatment:
• An egg yolk
• 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
• 1 tbsp of honey
1. Whisk an egg yolk at first and mix in 1 tbsp of honey together with 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
2. Now blend it well until a smooth mixture is formed.
3. Then, apply it onto your hair and keep it on for half an hour. Next, you can rinse it off and shampoo your hair as normal.
4. Follow this mask once a week for better results.
Papaya is also a great remedy for split ends. The folic acid housed in it that helps enhance circulation to your hair follicles and boots hair. Plus, this fruit consists of vitamin A that enhances the production of sebum- the natural oil of the body. Moreover, papaya can deal with dull and dry skin and makes it hydrated and soft. Both yogurt and papaya contain natural enzymes that are very effective for the hair problems. Using this remedy will treat your split ends and also make the hair smooth and glossy as well. Here’s the method:
• A ripe papaya
• ½ cup of natural yogurt
1. The first step is to take one ripe papaya and next peel off its skin, remove its seeds.
2. Now mix it with ½ cup of yogurt to create a smooth paste.
3. Then, apply this paste to your hair and wait for 30 to 45 minutes
4. Finally, rinse it off by using cold water and shampoo as normal.
Avocado is not only beneficial for the hair but also for the skin. Avocado contains the essential fatty acids that promote the texture of the hair making it less likely to breakage. Further, this fruit is full of protein, magnesium, folic acid, as well as other nutrients that help nourish the hair and stimulate hair growth. Moreover, vitamin E present in this fruit helps rejuvenate your scalp while vitamin B is necessary for hair growth. To use it for split ends, follow these steps:
• A ripe avocado
• 2 tbsp of olive oil
• 2 tbsp of coconut oil
1. Mash a ripe avocado at first and mix in tbsp each of coconut oil and olive oil until you attain a creamy consistency.
2. Then, apply this solution liberally on the hair, avoiding the roots.
3. After 30 minutes, rinse it with water and later shampoo your hair.
4. Follow this treatment about twice to thrice a month.
4. Aloe Vera
Generally, this plant acts like a great moisturizer for damaged and dry hair likely to split ends. Further, it contains proteolytic enzymes that help take dead cells out of the scalp, which lets your hair grow. Plus, it comprises of anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agents, which combat infections and soothe your scalp. Last but not least, it provides moisture to the hair, leaving it glossy and smooth. Let’s check the recipe:
• 2 -3 leaves of aloe vera
1. Take the aloe vera leaves, cut them and extract their gel.
2. Then, massage the gel into your hair. Keep it on for half an hour.
3. When the time is up, rinse it off and shampoo the hair as it is.
4. Follow this process twice or thrice a week for a couple of months.
Beer can supply sugar and protein to your damaged hair follicles, thus controlling split ends. Beer is full of nutrients like copper, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, which are necessary for the hair. They also keep the hair healthy as well as free from any problems. Plus, it works like a great conditioner and adds volume plus shine to your hair. Here’s the method for you to follow:
• Some flat beer
• A spray bottle
1. The first step is to pour the flat beer in one small spray bottle.
2. Then, spray this beer over the mid- plus end-sections of the damp hair.
3. Allow it to settle for 2-3 minutes. Don’t rinse it out.
4. Follow this method once a week for treating your problem.
Honey contains humectant that helps prevent the loss of moisture, thereby dealing with hair loss and damaged and dry hair prone to breakage and splitting. Additionally, it contains the high sugar content that helps retain moisture, thus strengthening the hair follicles. It also works like a natural hair moisturizer & conditioner, making your hair shinier and softer. Moreover, the anti-bacterial and antiseptic qualities found in honey can keep the scalp clean. Here’s the recipe:
• 2 tbsp of honey
• 4 cups of water
1. The first step is to mix 2 tbsp of honey in 4 cups of warm water.
2. Next, shampoo your hair and later use this solution as a rinse.
3. Let it stay for several minutes and after that, rinse it off.
4. Repeat this remedy once a week for best results.
7. Black Lentil
Black lentil is rich in iron, protein, folic acid, B, potassium, magnesium, fiber and phosphorous. Both folic acid and iron are necessary for hair growth. Plus, folic acid transports oxygen from the blood to your hair follicles, thus improving hair growth. Lentil is also rich in protein that is necessary for cell building. How to use black lentil for split ends removal? Here are detailed instructions:
• Half one cup of black lentils
• 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds
• ½ cup of curd
1. Firstly, add 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds in the black lentils. Then, make a coarse powder by grinding them in a grinder.
2. Now add the curd to this mix to make a paste.
3. After that, apply this paste onto your hair and leave it for two hours.
4. Finally, wash hair by using a mild shampoo.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains the fatty acids that protect the hair from breaking. It also consists of the lauric acid that is fantastic at taking care of hair. In addition, it is full of natural antioxidants and nutrients like vitamin E, K and iron, which play a key role in maintaining your hair supple ad soft.
• 2 tbsp of coconut oil
1. Regularly apply the coconut oil on your hair y hair.
2. Leave it on for 30 minutes. After that, rinse it off.
9. Castor Oil
This oil is also effective for treating split ends. The omega 6 and 9 fatty acids present in castor oil are useful for promoting healthy hair growth. It helps controls hair breakage, reduce split ends, and moisturizes and conditions your hair. Besides, the oil comes with the humectant properties that lock the moisture in your hair, thus preventing the hair from turning dry.
• 1 tbsp of castor oil
1. You just need to massage the castor oil into the hair after washing your hair.
2. In order to produce one natural form of heat, you need to wrap your hair in a shower cap or a towel.
3. Rinse it off after 30 minutes and then apply your regular conditioner.
Mayonnaise also is rich in the protein that helps fill the clings and gap on to your hair strands, thus making the hair look shiner. It also nourishes the hair and prevents split ends. Besides, it provides a shiny look and soft feel as well. Follow these guides to use it for split ends treatment.
• ½ cup of mayonnaise
1. Wet and towel dry the hair at first. Next, apply the mayonnaise into the hair.
2. Keep it on for a minimum of 20 minutes.
3. Thereafter, rinse it off and shampoo your hair as you often do.
4. Repeat this remedy 1-2 times a week.
Bananas help restore the natural elasticity of your hair and minimize breakage due to its natural oils, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, and zinc. Besides, banana creates manageability, growth, shine and curbs dandruff. Plus, banana softens and moisturizes your hair, encourages hair repair, and improves manageability. Follow this way to improve your hair dramatically.
• 1 ripe banana
• 2 tbsp of plain yogurt
• Rose water
• Lemon juice
1. In a blender, blend a ripe banana, 2 tbsp of plain yogurt together with some lemon juice and rose water.
2. After that, apply this paste on your hair. Keep it on for an hour and at last, wash it off.
3. This remedy should be repeated once or twice per week.
12. Milk And Cream
Milk is high in minerals and vitamins, which are vital for the hair health. Plus, the proteins in milk promote tissue growth and repair. This combination gives moisture and makes the hair supple and smooth, thereby treating split ends.
• 1 tbsp of cream
• ½ cup of whole milk
1. The first step is to mix the cream with the whole milk.
2. Using this solution rinse your hair and let it settle for 15-20 minutes.
3. At last, rinse it off plus shampoo your hair as usual.
4. You should repeat this method once a week for a couple of months.
These 12 natural remedies for split ends has been proved and tested. You should try them and find the best one that is suitable for you. Do you know any remedies to treat split ends? Share your experience with use.