The Provident fund (PF) is an advantage that many Indian companies provide to their employees. Generally, a portion of your salary is deducted and deposited into your EPF account. Companies often correspond to this contribution, which means that if Rs. Each month 1,000 of your account are deducted as PF, so your employer will also deposit Rs. 1,000 in your account, doubling your PF balance. This small monthly amount is added to your PF balance and becomes your long-term safety net. Many people do not know how to check their PF balance, but the process is quite simple.
How to check the balance of PF online UAN
Follow these steps to verify the UAN balance of your PF:
- Be sure to activate your universal account number (UAN). Wait six hours after activating UAN to activate your account.
- After activating your UAN, wait six hours. This is the time it takes for the new activated account to be accessible.
- Next, go to the EPFO website’s member passbook page
- Enter your UAN, password and captcha. Click on Login.
- This will open your EPF account. On the left side, under Select MEMO ID to view the savings book, click on your savings book to verify your PF balance.
Some people may have multiple passbooks in their EPF account and, usually, one of these books has the total amount mentioned. You just need to find the last one and you can control the balance of your PF.
How to check the balance of PF through SMS
These steps will help you verify the balance of your PF by simply sending a text message. While your UAN has been activated at some time, this method allows you to verify your PF balance without UAN.
- Make sure your UAN is activated by following the steps here. Wait six hours after activating UAN to activate your account.
- From the mobile phone number registered in your UAN, send EPFOHO UAN in a text message to the number 7738299899.
- Soon after, you will receive an SMS from the EPFO that shows your PF balance.
- If you want this information in languages other than English, you can add the first three letters of any compatible language. For example, if you wish in Tamil, send EPFOHO UAN TAM to 7738299899.
Supported languages are Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Canada, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu. Simply select the first three letters of any compatible language and replace them in step 4 above.
How to check the PF balance through a missed call
There is a way to check your PF balance simply by giving a missed call as well. While your UAN has been activated at some time, this method allows you to verify your PF balance without UAN. Follow these steps.
- Be sure to activate your UAN. Wait six hours after activating UAN to activate your account.
- Make sure you have integrated the details of KYC (Know Your Consumer) in the UAN. This means that your bank account number, Aadhaar or PAN must be connected to the UAN. If this is not done, you should talk to your employer to do so.
- After completing these two steps, make a missed call to +911122901406 from the phone number registered in your UAN. The call will be disconnected automatically after two rings.
- You will now receive a text message with your PF balance.
I hope you like the post about checking PF balance with three different methods – by UAN, by missed call, through SMS and/or online. If you feel it helpful, do let us know in comments and don’t forget to share with your friends.